Top 10 Best Espresso Machines in 2018 Reviews
When it comes to brewing rich tasting coffee, espresso machines take center stage. They come in different shapes, sizes and models helping us brew that perfect cup of coffee. Depending on the features you want, most espresso machines prices range from as low as 100 dollars to 2000 dollars. Some of the best espresso machines out there can make lattes, cappuccinos, macchiato and much more. This shows the importance of taking your time and choosing a machine that will best serve your needs and desires.
Choosing the best espresso machine is quite challenging, but if you’re reading this, then you’ve come to the right place to make the best selection. We’ve researched hundreds of espresso machines online and narrowed down to ten that we think are the best. These are the leading espresso machines on the market currently from different brands. Make sure you read through our reviews below deciding on one and making your order.
Table of Contents
- 10. Mr. Coffee Café Barista Espresso and Cappuccino maker, Silver
- 9. Nespresso Essenza Mini Original Espresso Machine
- 8. Breville Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine, Stainless Steel
- 7. Gaggia Brera Super Automatic Espresso Machine in Black
- 6. CISNO Electric Portable Espresso Machine
- 5. DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnification Super-Automatic Espresso/Coffee Machine
- 4. Rancilo Silvia Espresso Machine with Iron Frame and Stainless steel Side Panels
- 3. 7 Pc All-in-One Espresso and Cappuccino Maker Machine Barista Bundle Set
- 2. Krups EA81 Pisa Fully Automatic Espresso Machine
- 1. Buona Mattina Super Automatic Café Quality Espresso, Latte, Americano and Cappuccino Maker
10. Mr. Coffee Café Barista Espresso and Cappuccino maker, Silver
The Mr. Coffee espresso machine is one of the leading brands on the market and an excellent choice on our list. It is a highly rated model that you can order with confidence and get good value for your money. The machine features a 15-bar system that helps brew a rich tasting coffee. It is a semi-automatic 3-in 1 machine ideal for the latte, cappuccino, and espresso. An automatic milk frother helps take away any guesswork. Overall, this is one of the best espresso machines out there with a one-touch control panel that helps you select drinks with easy. It is easy to fill and features removable water and milk reservoirs.
- Quite easy to fill
- Brews rich tasting coffee
- Versatile and can make latte, cappuccino, and latte
- Brews coffee really fast
- Lacks an adjustable feature on how long to steam milk
9. Nespresso Essenza Mini Original Espresso Machine
This is the smallest and smartest espresso machine out there from the Nespresso Essenza. It is a quality machine that will not compromise on quality espressos and coffee. The small size makes it highly portable and easy to use. This machine features a one-touch operation that helps save time. It creates barista-style espresso or coffee and can deliver up to 19 bars of pressure. It heats water pretty fast reaching serving temperature in 25 seconds. The machine also features a safety and energy saving feature where it automatically switches off after 9 minutes of use. It is a versatile selection with an adjustable cup size and two programmable Lungo and Espresso buttons.
- Quite affordable
- Deliver rich coffee with an excellent thick cream
- Lightweight and easily portable
- Occupies little counter space
- The water tank is a bit small requiring frequent refill
8. Breville Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine, Stainless Steel
Breville espresso machines are known for their quality, great design, and sturdy construction. You will not go wrong choosing the Breville Dua espresso machine with a 15-bar Italian pump system. The pump starts at low pressures to bloom the coffee to the ground. It is an excellent choice that increases the pressure gradually extracting the coffee. You can get extra a shot or two at a time. The machine features 1 and 2-cup with single and dual wall basket filters for easy extraction of freshly grounded coffee. Other features include a steam wand for frothing and steaming milk. Overall, it is an excellent 61-ounce capacity tank coming in a stainless steel container. It comes with everything you need to get started like a water filter holder, water filter a razor dose trimming tool.
- Sturdily built to last
- Pretty simple to use
- Brews rich tasting coffee
- Comes with all required accessories
- Water trays fills fast
7. Gaggia Brera Super Automatic Espresso Machine in Black
The Gaggia is another excellent espresso machine when you need frothing for milk beverages. The machine features a Panarello wand that helps in cappuccino and lattes frothing. The wand further doubles up a dispenser for hot tea and hot water. It features an easily accessible drip tray, water tank, and dregs drawer. This allows for easy cleaning and maintenance. The rapid steaming technology helps heat water fast and robustly brew coffee. It supports both the whole beans and ground coffee beans. Overall, this is a user-friendly espresso coffee machine with easy to use push-buttons and a LED display for illumination.
- Easy to use push-buttons
- Rapids heats up water fast
- Easy to use with little knowledge
- The dispenser is too low preventing direct brewing into the cup
6. CISNO Electric Portable Espresso Machine
The CISNO is a pretty efficient espresso machine with a unique design that allows for easy transportation. This is a highly portable espresso machine running on a rechargeable lithium battery. The machine heats water pretty fast making it a friendly travel buddy. You can easily satisfy your coffee needs anywhere anytime. It features a high-pressure 15-bar pump that enables you to brew barista style coffee. This machine is super easy to operate using room temperature water to boil by holding the button for 2 seconds. The maximum water capacity is 50ml giving you espresso shots of 45-50ml. The streamline design of this machine allows it to fit in cup/bottle holders. It is an excellent choice when camping outdoors.
- Compact and streamline design for easy use on travel or when camping outdoors
- Super easy operation
- Delivers barista-style results
- A bit expensive
5. DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnification Super-Automatic Espresso/Coffee Machine
With a patented ‘cappuccino system,’ this machine is one of the best models out there that perfectly mixes milk and steam to create a rich and creamy froth. It is a pretty simple machine that features a rotary and easy to use push button control button. The machine also features programmable menu settings. The bean container capacity is 8.8 ounces. The ‘direct-to-brew’ system helps grind beans instantly. It is a compact and easy to clean design that allows for easy maintenance. The machine is highly recommended for excellent grinding performances. It roasts beans using less visible oil creating for you the best espresso.
- Powerful and proven performer
- Pretty easy to set up and use
- Delivers a rich and creamy froth
- Easy cleaning and maintenance
4. Rancilo Silvia Espresso Machine with Iron Frame and Stainless steel Side Panels
The Rancilo is another high-quality espresso machine that you seriously need to consider buying this year. It features an ergonomic commercial design and portafilter handle for easy usage. This is probably the best commercial espresso machine out there with a sturdy and quality construction. The machine features an iron frame and stainless steel side panels for long-lasting use. It features an articulating steam for a broad range of professional and motion steaming. The steaming pressure is accurately controlled through the knob. The unique classic liner design makes this machine compatible with most home decors. Overall, this is a commercial grade espresso machine with superb extraction quality and heat stability.
- Superb heat stability
- Sturdy and durable stainless steel construction
- Accurate steam controlling
- Easy operation
3. 7 Pc All-in-One Espresso and Cappuccino Maker Machine Barista Bundle Set
This is a valuable 7-piece espresso and cappuccino maker. It is a quality selection on the list with the thermoblock fast heating technology that ensures you get precise temperatures. The all-in-one set allows for instant steaming. It is ready for use 45 seconds after adding the beans. The water tank is removable and easy to view with front transparent water levels. A handle on the water tank allows for easy removal of the tank for cleaning and refilling. Overall, this is a pretty easy to clean machine. It features a detachable, removable drip and frothing device. The 15-bar system ensures you get to enjoy all forms of great tasting coffees.
- Durable stainless steel construction
- Detachable frothing system and drip tray for easy cleaning
- Instant heat and precise temperatures
- Easy view removable water tank
2. Krups EA81 Pisa Fully Automatic Espresso Machine
The Krups is a high-quality espresso machine with advanced features that allow for easy start and auto-shutting. It is a well-designed machine with a large LCD for easy reading and operation. The machine features a large 60-ounce water tank that easily warns when to refill through a sensor. A programmable clock allows for easy setting of auto start and auto shut of features. To achieve the ultimate fresh coffee, make sure you grind the coffee before brewing. The grounds container is also removable allowing for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Removable grounds container for easy cleaning
- Large LCD for easy reading
- Auto start and auto shut off features for safety and energy saving
- Sensor warning you when to refill
- Does not control pressure and water temperature
1. Buona Mattina Super Automatic Café Quality Espresso, Latte, Americano and Cappuccino Maker
The Buona is our last pick on the list and a great addition that operates through a simple push button. It is an excellent choice for getting your ideal drink of choice. The machine does everything from grinding coffee beans to a level that matches your liking. The design of this machine is compact and energy saving. The convenient stainless steel heating plate helps heat fast. There are a total of 19 bars of pressure to create rich and fluffy espressos. Overall, this is another great espresso machine that you need to consider buying.
- Does everything from grinding coffee beans to brewing
- Simple push button
- Compact design to save on countertop space
- Energy saving
- Lacks adjustment for milk temperature
If you enjoy a cup of coffee every morning, then probably it is time you started brewing yours in the comfort of your home. We’ve done the difficult job of going through hundreds of espresso machines to bring you the leading picks on the market. Make sure you go through our espresso machine reviews above before choosing a model that best suits your espresso needs. These are the best espresso machines on the market currently and buying from the list above guarantees you quality and good value for your money.