Top 10 Best Mechanics Creeper in 2018 Reviews
A mechanical creeper is an indispensable tool for all mechanics, professionals and DIY fanatics that love sliding underneath the vehicle. Mechanic creepers offer you the convenience of sliding underneath vehicles easily and in the most comfortable manner. They usually offer a padded platform that protects your joints and back muscles from the rough bare floor. You can agree with me that the working underneath vehicles gets done fast and easy when you’re comfortable. There are just so many advantages when using a mechanical creeper.
Working on any vehicle gets so much easier with a mechanical creeper. However, this does not mean any mechanical creeper will just do it. You need to choose the best and one that matches to your needs. In this review, we are looking at the best mechanics creeper to buy this year. These are the leading brands and models on the market to offer you the best value for your money. They are highly rated and recommended. Go through our carefully selected picks and choose one that best suits your needs and desires.
Table of Contents
- 10. Pro-Lift C-9100 40-Inch Foldable Z Creeper
- 9. Pro-Lift C -4031 Red ‘The Bone-Ster’ Mechanics Garage Creeper
- 8. Lisle -92102 Red Plastic Creeper
- 7. Traxion 1-100 ProGear Wide Body Creeper
- 6. Omega 91000 Black 40-Inch Foldable Z Creeper
- 5. GoPlus 40-inch Foldable Z Creeper Seat Rolling Chair Mechanics Garage 2 in 1 Work Stool
- 4. ATD 81051 Plastic Blow Molded Creeper
- 3. Whiteside Manufacturing USA Made-Professional 40-inch Fully Padded Creeper
- 2. Williams 42301 Heavy Duty Drop Shoulder Creeper
- 1. Torin Big Red Rolling Garage/Shop Creeper
10. Pro-Lift C-9100 40-Inch Foldable Z Creeper
The Pro-Lift is an excellent pick to start our list with a maximum weight of 450 pounds. It is a foldable creeper that transforms in seconds without the use of any tools. The creeper measures 14 x 12 x ¼ inches. It is a durable choice with a 40-inch long steel frame construction to offer maximum durability and long-lasting use. This creeper is pretty comfortable with a padded header and seat. You can slide under vehicles for long periods without feeling tired easily. It is also easy to move around with 3-inch full bearing casters that are also oil resistant.
- It holds a lot of weight
- Comfortable and easy to use
- Great customer service
- The cushion looks pretty thin
9. Pro-Lift C -4031 Red ‘The Bone-Ster’ Mechanics Garage Creeper
The Pro-Lift 4031 is a high-quality American made mechanic creeper with a maximum capacity of 400lbs. It is a compact and lightweight construction ideal for use everywhere. The creeper is a mere 1 ¼-inch above the ground giving mechanics easy access to the car underneath. The construction is durable for long-lasting use. It features a patented dog bone shape. This design is proven to be durable, comfortable and unlikely to trip over. The construction is a unique one-body piece. It is resistant to gasoline, smooth, comfortable and ideal for use on all surfaces. There are further two molded handholds that allow for easy carrying everywhere you go.
- Comfortable shape
- Easy to transport
- Not the best wheels
8. Lisle -92102 Red Plastic Creeper
Lisle is a big brand in the creeper industry, and you will never go wrong choosing this model. It is a quality pick with an easy roller movement. You can easily move it around in the floor with ease. The creeper design adds strength and allows for long-lasting use. It is a low-profile creeper with 7/8-inches floor allowance for safe sliding underneath the vehicle. The surface of the creeper is pretty easy to clean and resistant to greases and solvents. Overall, this is an excellent creeper with an overall dimension of 4-inch height, 38-inch length and 17.5-inch width.
- Comfortable headrest
- Nice low profile
- Lightweight and easy to store
7. Traxion 1-100 ProGear Wide Body Creeper
The Traxion is another excellent mechanic creeper with a low profile design to easily fit underneath cars. It is a unique design that features a widely contoured deck make the creeper comfortable and supportive. It can support a maximum of 401 pounds of capacity which is pretty good. For easy mobility, it features an amazingly big 4-inch caster wheel. You can move it around with easy on any ground. Overall, this is a quality creeper without any pinch points on the drop deck.
- Large caster wheels for improved mobility
- Great lumbar support for the big men
- No pinch points on the drop deck
- No middle wheels to pinch your arms
- Low profile ramps will not fit under
6. Omega 91000 Black 40-Inch Foldable Z Creeper
The Omega 40-inch Black is another excellent mechanic creeper that transforms in seconds without the use of a single tool. It is a quality pick for easily getting underneath your car. The creeper features a comfortable padded seat and a headrest for maximum comfort. You can easily stay underneath your car for long without feeling tired. It is a massive 450 pounds rated creeper with a durable 40-inch steel construction. The finish of the creeper is a 3-inch polyurethane which is oil-resistant. It also features full-bearing casters for easy movement.
- Massive load capacity of 450lbs
- Comfortable padded seat and headrest
- Durable steel construction
- Easy to transform without using tools
- Sits a little high when working on your car
5. GoPlus 40-inch Foldable Z Creeper Seat Rolling Chair Mechanics Garage 2 in 1 Work Stool
The GoPlus 40 inch Z Creeper is a heavy duty and durable selection with a bold steel tubing construction. It is one of the sturdiest creepers on the market with a fully welded construction. It can hold a maximum of 330 pounds. It easily folds into a Z shape allowing it to work as a mechanic creeper or a stool. It easily transforms from a creeper to a stool in seconds without using any tools. The creeper is quite comfortable with a padded seat that divides into three ergonomics. Overall, this creeper feels more like a soft bed. There are six universal casters for easy movement. It is also oil resistant and comes with the necessary hardware for immediate use.
- Transforms from a seat to creeper in seconds
- Quite comfortable padded seat
- Durable steel construction
- Oil resistant
- Thin fabric
4. ATD 81051 Plastic Blow Molded Creeper
The ATD mechanical creeper is a pretty simple design with 1-inch ground clearance. It is a blow molded creeper with unrestricted arm movement. It features six swivel casters for a multi-terrain movement. The PVC swivels of the highest industrial quality. They are also oil, chemical and grease resistant. Overall, the creeper holds a maximum 300lbs. Molded in-trays help you keep your tools close as you work underneath the car.
- Very sturdy
- Durable casters
- Easy to assemble
- Good quality
3. Whiteside Manufacturing USA Made-Professional 40-inch Fully Padded Creeper
This is another heavy duty creeper with a patented V-drop design that allows for perfect shoulder clearance. The construction of this creeper is a quality choice with a ¾-inch steel tube frame for long-lasting durability. The steel is further powder coated to prevent any form of rust. Comfort is further enhanced with the padded seat. For easy cleaning of the creeper, the heavy-duty vinyl finish easily wipes away dirt. Overall, this is an amazing creeper with 1.25-inch ground clearance.
- Sturdier construction
- Great padding for comfort
- Unique V shape design for shoulder allowance
- Moves easily
- Ends caps do fall off and need tightening
2. Williams 42301 Heavy Duty Drop Shoulder Creeper
The Williams is a leading USA mechanical creeper with a low profile design and a two-inch ground clearance. It features a unique drop rail design that gives the arms and shoulders a good clearance when working underneath the car. The heavy-duty 16 gauge and ¾ inch stock steel ensure the creeper serves you for the longest time possible. There are a further six 2.5 inch diameter hooded casters for easy movement on the ground. Overall, this is a smooth moving creeper and a perfect selection to consider buying this year.
- Fits big guys just fine
- Sturdy and solid
- Comes fully assembled
- Rolls smoothly
- Plastic end cover fall often
1. Torin Big Red Rolling Garage/Shop Creeper
The Torin Big Red Rolling creeper brings our best mechanical creeper’s list to an end with a broad range of features. It is a long 40-inch creeper featuring steel construction for long-lasting use. You can be sure of feeling comfortable underneath your car and working for long without feeling tired easily. The creeper features a padded bench and four-position headrest. There are six wheels that rotate in all directions to allow for fast and easy movement. Overall, this is a quality construction creeper with great padding for added comfort.
- Sturdily built
- Smooth moving caster wheels
- Adjustable headrest design is not the best
If you’re in the market for the best mechanical creeper, then you can choose from our list above with confidence. These are the leading mechanical creeps on the market currently with a wide array of features to allow for safe and comfortable use. They feature unique designs and great padding to make the users feel comfortable and spend long periods under the car without any problem. We’ve narrowed down your search to just ten creepers so that you can order with confidence.